J. Michael Morgan
Mike Morgan practices in the areas of airport law, oil and gas, real estate and related litigation. He has been a shareholder of the Firm since 1988.
His oil and gas practice focuses on regulatory, land use and suface use matters, on behalf of both oil and gas companies and surface owners. His related real estate practice spans the acquisition, financing, development and operation of real property, and includes real estate title, and commercial landlord and tenant matters.
Mr. Morgan has represented commercial service and general aviation airports, and airport businesses, for over 20 years. This includes operational, leasing and contracting, airport development, noise control and federal regulatory issues. He is experienced in bringing and defending complaints before FAA under FAR Part 16.
He has significant litigation experience in real estate, airport and natural resources matters. He is admitted to practice law in Colorado, Wyoming, and related federal courts.
He has provided community and professional service as a director and chair of the Legal Committee of the Colorado Oil and Gas Association; chairman of the Natural Resources Committee of the Federal Bar Association; a member of the Colorado Airport Operators Association; and an officer and director of several other nonprofit organizations.
- Conflict and Accommodation Between Surface Development and Oil and Gas Drilling in Colorado, 24 Colo. Lawyer 1112 (1995).
- Avoiding Personal Liability in Airport Operations, Airport (1993).
- Local Regulation of Oil and Gas Operations in Colorado, 30 Public Land & Resources Law Digest 335 (1993).
- History, Practice and Emerging Problems of Wetlands Regulation, 17 Land & Water Law Review 43 (1982).
- Mitigating Impacts of Development, Federal Bar, N. and J., Aug, 1982.
- Problems of Wetlands Regulation, Land and Water Law Review, June, 1982.
- Clean Air Act Amendments of 1977, Land and Water Law Review, Dec, 1978
Areas of Practice
- Airport Law
- Oil & Gas
- Real Estate
- Related Litigation
- Wyoming, 1974
- Colorado, 1976
- Minnesota, 1980
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1974
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1978
- University of Wyoming, College of Law, Laramie, Wyoming
- J.D. - 1974
- University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming
- B.S. - 1971
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Colorado and Wyoming Bar Associations
- Arapahoe County Bar Association